Wednesday 16 May 2012

Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

So here we are! Not well once again. Got some form of virus and literally have no energy. I know people say 'oh I'm so tired' or 'it's been a long day I'm exhausted' but that just doesn't cut it for me. I'm so run down and withdrawn that it takes all my effort to just go to the toilet (attractive huh?). These are the types of things that people take for granted. Just being ABLE to do whatever you fancy. For me it involves strategic planning. It's very rare my body will allow me to do something in consecutive days. If I do force myself to do it that means I'm gone for the rest of the week, either bed bound or sofa bound (depending if I can make it down the stairs). It's hard for people to think of me like that as I'm usually bounding around pretending I'm ok but you literally have no idea how much pain I'm actually in. I wish I could make you understand but even the people closest to me who see it everyday find it hard. I wish there was some sort of simulation program that places someone in my mind for even just an hour (except you dirty bastards :p). Maybe then you could understand what a struggle life really is for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is hold on to what makes you happy for as long as you can. Remember it's the little things in life that make the difference. It's a hard life and you never know what other people are going through. People take everything for granted all too often. I see it every single day. Don't let social pressures make you a dick ....

In the great words of Bill and Ted ....

'be excellent to each other'
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment