Thursday 10 May 2012

Enlightenment

Feeling a lot more positive today because of my oh so wonderful friends. I literally would crumble without your kind words and support. It's nice to be reminded that my disability isn't my whole world and great things do exist. Even just the smallest of things; like being in a different environment and getting out of my so called bat cave that is my usual lifestyle.

Today I sat as a make-up model for my friend Sam Brewster. She did a wonderful job and deserves the highest of marks! The amount of effort and thought she'd managed to put together was inspiring. I'm finding myself with the yearly itch of wanting to go back to studying, but then, a sharp jolt in my abdomen will remind me I may not be able to handle it. I'd love to do a creative course. Zoology was creative in terms of experimental design but I'm craving something to bring out the artist in me. I've always loved art but I've always found it difficult to let go and express myself. Maybe my arty friends will pull me out of the shadows and help me get creative! Where to start, where...to...start!?

Over all I'm strangely proud of myself today. I've achieved a lot in a small space of time which is insanely good for me. Especially since I was in hospital at the weekend! Just a shame I have been summoned for an Atosser assessment in the process of my enlightenment. I think I'll save that one for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment